The Federal Politics Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Message
Author
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3353
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#466 Post by Waewick » Fri May 11, 2018 6:39 am

We don't know that nothing has been started or even finished waiting for submission.

Time will tell, as they need to get this moving quickly to hit the 2023 finiah date.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5481
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 1173 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#467 Post by Norman » Fri May 11, 2018 9:49 am

ml69 wrote:The real question is why the heck haven't DPTI and the previous Labor government completed the business cases for these next stages of the north-south corridor?

They've known for years that these sections are next in line for project funding!
They have completed several business cases over the years, but Infrastructure Australia keeps moving the requirements, or the ones DPTI presented were not complete or strong enough.

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#468 Post by rev » Fri May 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Waewick wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:39 am
We don't know that nothing has been started or even finished waiting for submission.

Time will tell, as they need to get this moving quickly to hit the 2023 finiah date.
It's very unlikely we will see it completed by 2023. My guess is 2024/5 at the earliest.

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#469 Post by rev » Fri May 11, 2018 12:15 pm

The SA Chamber of Mines and Energy, the SA Freight Council, the RAA and the Civil Contractors Federation SA have combined to slam the budget.

"This year's federal budget is all smoke and mirrors and delivers none of the promise of the pre-budget announcements made on Monday," Freight Council executive officer Evan Knapp said.
Of course they'd say that.
Under the state Labor government they had it good, got what they wanted pretty much. The transport industry even said they would be more then happy to have a toll on the NS corridor, but Labor said nah we'll be right fellas.
We now have Liberal across the board as far as SA is concerned, at least guaranteed until the next federal election next year. So they want to 'pressure' the Libs into continuing the builds. Poorly done IMO, by coming out and attacking the Libs publicly in the media.
Should have sat down with the Libs behind closed doors to discuss the needs of these industries.

Although our state election coming months before a federal budget is pretty bad timing. Perhaps we should be pushing it back several months, to allow for the potential in a change in government, giving enough time to actually do some work before Canberra hands down a budget...?

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#470 Post by rev » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm

So if Peter Dutton becomes our next Prime Minister, what does that mean for SA?
Pyne for example is standing with Turnbull. If Dutton takes over, Turnbull and his supporters will be pushed to the back bench.

Or will Bishop pull a fast once and stand for the leadership?


What a joke Labor and the Greens are.
The Greens leader was yelling like a lunatic in the senate that the Liberals should be ashamed of themselves.
Was he that passionate about this same issue when his socialist comrades from Labor were making a mockery of our democratic voting process?
And then the socialist morons of Labor in the house of reps ranting about the democratic process.

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2994
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 533 times
Contact:

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#471 Post by Nathan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm

> Liberals implode into civil war
> "What a joke Labor and the Greens are"

:roll:

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#472 Post by rev » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Nathan wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm
> Liberals implode into civil war
> "What a joke Labor and the Greens are"

:roll:
Did I hurt your feelings again Nathan?


The focus of my comment on the Liberals, and the main point of my post is how it will affect our state, given how one of the most senior members of the government, a South Australian, is backing the PM who may not be our PM after tomorrow.

And yes, Labor and Greens are the bigger jokes of the three by far.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#473 Post by SBD » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:28 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm
So if Peter Dutton becomes our next Prime Minister, what does that mean for SA?
Pyne for example is standing with Turnbull. If Dutton takes over, Turnbull and his supporters will be pushed to the back bench.

Or will Bishop pull a fast once and stand for the leadership?


What a joke Labor and the Greens are.
The Greens leader was yelling like a lunatic in the senate that the Liberals should be ashamed of themselves.
Was he that passionate about this same issue when his socialist comrades from Labor were making a mockery of our democratic voting process?
And then the socialist morons of Labor in the house of reps ranting about the democratic process.
South Australians listed as siding with Dutton on Tuesday were Nicoll Flint and Tony Pasin from the lower house and David Fawcett from the senate. I'd be happy with Fawcett getting Pyne's old portfolio.

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#474 Post by rev » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:41 am

SBD wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:28 pm
rev wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm
So if Peter Dutton becomes our next Prime Minister, what does that mean for SA?
Pyne for example is standing with Turnbull. If Dutton takes over, Turnbull and his supporters will be pushed to the back bench.

Or will Bishop pull a fast once and stand for the leadership?


What a joke Labor and the Greens are.
The Greens leader was yelling like a lunatic in the senate that the Liberals should be ashamed of themselves.
Was he that passionate about this same issue when his socialist comrades from Labor were making a mockery of our democratic voting process?
And then the socialist morons of Labor in the house of reps ranting about the democratic process.
South Australians listed as siding with Dutton on Tuesday were Nicoll Flint and Tony Pasin from the lower house and David Fawcett from the senate. I'd be happy with Fawcett getting Pyne's old portfolio.
Well Bishop has now thrown her name in the ring. It's a three way contest, Dutton, Bishop and Morrison. Bishop apparently is the most popular among the public.

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 830 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#475 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:04 am

I'm on #TeamBishop #JulieforPM #auspol
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Jaymz
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#476 Post by Jaymz » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:25 am

[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:04 am
I'm on #TeamBishop #JulieforPM #auspol
Yep +1 here.

I really enjoyed her Karl Stefanovic shutdown on the Today show the other morning too :lol:

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#477 Post by HiTouch » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:35 am

All this will be irrelevant by the end of next year when Clive Palmer and his army of Tim Tams take the reigns.
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 780 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#478 Post by timtam20292 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:50 am

HiTouch wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:35 am
All this will be irrelevant by the end of next year when Clive Palmer and his army of Tim Tams take the reigns.
:hilarious:

User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2838
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#479 Post by rhino » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:50 am

rev wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm
The Greens leader was yelling like a lunatic in the senate that the Liberals should be ashamed of themselves.
Far from sounding like a lunatic, this was the best speech I've heard in Parliament in a long time. Faithfully echoed the feelings of the bulk of Australians. Obviously not yours, though.

The Government was elected to govern for the people, so not turning up for a sitting of Parliament because your team is having internal revenge issues - that is the real joke. They're getting paid pretty well, they should do their fucking job!
cheers,
Rhino

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: The Federal Politics Thread

#480 Post by rev » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:48 pm

rhino wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:50 am
rev wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm
The Greens leader was yelling like a lunatic in the senate that the Liberals should be ashamed of themselves.
Far from sounding like a lunatic, this was the best speech I've heard in Parliament in a long time. Faithfully echoed the feelings of the bulk of Australians. Obviously not yours, though.

The Government was elected to govern for the people, so not turning up for a sitting of Parliament because your team is having internal revenge issues - that is the real joke. They're getting paid pretty well, they should do their fucking job!
Lol his shouting might carry more weight if he had shouted at his comrades in Labor years ago.

Did he?

He’s a dick head.


Ministers resigned. There was no cabinet.
If Labor had done it grubby socialists like the Greens leader wouldn’t utter a word.


Ah well, better ScoMo then a grubby sexual predator union hack like Shorten.
The choice in deputy leader though might hurt SA. Especially the renewables push. I sense some real butt hurt coming for the lefties lol

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests