[U/C] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 234 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#691 Post by Pikey » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 am

I'm assuming all focus has been on service and podium works for a while. Rise the core high enough to clear space, complete foundation and basement work, then off it goes.

The pace should pick up markedly now too. Considering the dynamic shape of the floor plates it may not rise as fast as Adelaidean, which is effectively a box.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 234 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#692 Post by Pikey » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Also interesting to note that on the western boundary they've gone from formed walls to prefabricated concrete walls. Wonder if that was due to the placement and integration of the carpark ramp?
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

normh
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 22 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#693 Post by normh » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 pm

shiftaling wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Apologies as I'm sure this has probably been covered before in the thread.. but are there any proposals for the rejuvenation of Renaissance arcade and how it connects with this building?
Sorry it has taken so long to reply to you. the short answer is yes.

the Renaissance arcade runs across the rear of the building linking Pulteney Street and what is remaining of the renaissance arcade at that end to the boarded up section that is near the David Jones escalators. Also the short section in the Realm photos you see on the left on which the crane is currently standing will also contain commercial tenancies that connect to the renaissance arcade. I am guessing they had to do this rather than build right to the boundary and block the light to the back of the Mansions on Pulteney which I suspect is heritage listed

normh
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 22 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#694 Post by normh » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:15 pm

AG wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:58 pm
I see that post-tensioning is being used for the slabs on this building.
yes they are, but when will they do the tensioning? I see they are already starting to put the scaffolding in for the 2nd floor but it seems I can still see some of the "containers" where the cables come out waiting to be tensioned. I would have thought we would have seen them doing it already or do they come back much later to do that?

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 934 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#695 Post by EBG » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:45 pm

Post tensioning has to be done when most of the workers are not on site. This is a safety measure in the unlikely event that a cable snaps under tensioning. It should be done soon once the concrete has gained a minimum strength. It may have already have been done, the loose ends can be cut off any time.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 87 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#696 Post by Nort » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:52 pm

normh wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 pm
shiftaling wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Apologies as I'm sure this has probably been covered before in the thread.. but are there any proposals for the rejuvenation of Renaissance arcade and how it connects with this building?
Sorry it has taken so long to reply to you. the short answer is yes.

the Renaissance arcade runs across the rear of the building linking Pulteney Street and what is remaining of the renaissance arcade at that end to the boarded up section that is near the David Jones escalators. Also the short section in the Realm photos you see on the left on which the crane is currently standing will also contain commercial tenancies that connect to the renaissance arcade. I am guessing they had to do this rather than build right to the boundary and block the light to the back of the Mansions on Pulteney which I suspect is heritage listed
I saw this listing lately which shows the views some of the occupants of Mansions will be getting once this is completed: https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/prop ... -128648934

Image

Image

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 55 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#697 Post by HiTouch » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:01 pm

I hope they market this well. I’d hate for this arcade to become like the Waymouth food court with a 20% vacancy.
I forgive you Shuz.

Mpol03
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 28 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#698 Post by Mpol03 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:22 pm

There’s a Waymouth food court?

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 93 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#699 Post by SRW » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:15 am

Renaissance has always had strong patronage from the unis and Mall-based workers. I would really like to see the Council upgrade Austin Street similar to what’s been done for Bank or Peel.
Keep Adelaide Weird

normh
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 22 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#700 Post by normh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:04 am

SRW wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:15 am
Renaissance has always had strong patronage from the unis and Mall-based workers. I would really like to see the Council upgrade Austin Street similar to what’s been done for Bank or Peel.
I was reading something which I believe was in the DA? part of the approval was to widen the footpath to 2 metres. I have also just found this which seems to be the changes from the original 29 floors to 40 floors and includes proposed uses and vehicle and pedestrian flows. http://www.dac.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/ ... ns_opt.pdf

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 55 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#701 Post by HiTouch » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Mpol03 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:22 pm
There’s a Waymouth food court?

Yeah, ANZ House or City Central 1. It has 4 out of 5 food outlet vacancies. So it’s dead. They may be waiting to relaunch it due to being in proximity to the GPO Exchange project.
I forgive you Shuz.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5422
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 1130 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#702 Post by Norman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:12 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 pm
Mpol03 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:22 pm
There’s a Waymouth food court?
Yeah, ANZ House or City Central 1. It has 4 out of 5 food outlet vacancies. So it’s dead. They may be waiting to relaunch it due to being in proximity to the GPO Exchange project.
The problem with the food court is that all the shops that were in there previously had alternatives all over Waymouth Street and Topham Mall. They should offer something different than the usual curry place, bakery, breakfast bar and so on.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5340
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 303 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#703 Post by crawf » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Norman wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:12 pm
HiTouch wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 pm
Mpol03 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:22 pm
There’s a Waymouth food court?
Yeah, ANZ House or City Central 1. It has 4 out of 5 food outlet vacancies. So it’s dead. They may be waiting to relaunch it due to being in proximity to the GPO Exchange project.
The problem with the food court is that all the shops that were in there previously had alternatives all over Waymouth Street and Topham Mall. They should offer something different than the usual curry place, bakery, breakfast bar and so on.
Rents are also ridiculously high.

floplo
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#704 Post by floplo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:29 am

One of the problems they could potentially have is due to the Urbanest building on North Terrace and City council. The Urbanest building has a couple of retail spaces on ground level and on the backside pretty much links up with the Renaissance Arcade (i.e. it would feed students / pedestrians into the arcade). The retail spaces are, however, empty for now.

I was told recently by somebody that the main reason they are empty is that council insisted on 'high-end' retailers on the North Terrace street front, so something like the Tiffany shop further down the street, and that consequently, they can't really fill the others with food until that has happened. If that is really true, then I guess they will have to wait a long, long time...

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 37 times

[U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#705 Post by how good is he » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:49 am

There is no way the council could impose what tenants a landlord can accept. It would be restraint of trade etc. The current convenience/fast food places on North Tce also show it’s not exclusive to high end retailers anyway.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests