[U/C] Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
relapse
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#616 Post by relapse » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm

I spoke to someone a few weeks ago who works for the Scentre Group, they claimed that Stage 2 of the TTP expansion should be starting this calander year.

Apparently Stage 1 has been an even bigger success than they anticipated so they want to strike while the iron is hot.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5387
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 166 times
Been thanked: 315 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#617 Post by crawf » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm

relapse wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm
I spoke to someone a few weeks ago who works for the Scentre Group, they claimed that Stage 2 of the TTP expansion should be starting this calander year.

Apparently Stage 1 has been an even bigger success than they anticipated so they want to strike while the iron is hot.
Good.

Visiting TTP is like stepping back into the 90s.

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 88 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#618 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:49 pm

relapse wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm
I spoke to someone a few weeks ago who works for the Scentre Group, they claimed that Stage 2 of the TTP expansion should be starting this calander year.

Apparently Stage 1 has been an even bigger success than they anticipated so they want to strike while the iron is hot.
Likely to involve repainting more walls and hopefully bridging the gap between this and Tea Tree Plus!
The True Location of Tea Tree Gully is in any state but yours.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Mpol03
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 38 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#619 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:01 pm

I went there just after Xmas to watch a movie. I had never been there before.
I was really impressed with the new area. Bustling with people well past ten at places that served alcohol and most other eateries full too. I wish they would do this for West Lakes in the next expansion.

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 21 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#620 Post by Eurostar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:10 pm

crawf wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm
relapse wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm
I spoke to someone a few weeks ago who works for the Scentre Group, they claimed that Stage 2 of the TTP expansion should be starting this calander year.

Apparently Stage 1 has been an even bigger success than they anticipated so they want to strike while the iron is hot.
Good.

Visiting TTP is like stepping back into the 90s.
Except in the 90s you could get a cup of hot donuts from Donut King :wink: for about $2ish

relapse
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#621 Post by relapse » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 am

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:49 pm
relapse wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm
I spoke to someone a few weeks ago who works for the Scentre Group, they claimed that Stage 2 of the TTP expansion should be starting this calander year.

Apparently Stage 1 has been an even bigger success than they anticipated so they want to strike while the iron is hot.
Likely to involve repainting more walls and hopefully bridging the gap between this and Tea Tree Plus!
I also asked them whether Stage 2 included connecting TT+ to TTP and they indicated that it did, so hopefully exciting times are ahead for TT Plaza.

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 88 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#622 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Radio Rentals at Tea Tree Plus just closed recently.
Could this mean the fate of Tea Tree Plus is just around the corner?
The True Location of Tea Tree Gully is in any state but yours.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

relapse
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#623 Post by relapse » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 pm

That could possibly be true.

I know that's what happened with Buongiorno, they were told that they had two options they either committed to moving to the new precinct or had to close up.

I think they're beginning to move businesses on in readiness for the upgrade. I imagine it will eventually happen to Savers as well, no way will Westfield want them having a store that's connected to TTP.

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 88 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#624 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:48 pm

relapse wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 pm
That could possibly be true.

I know that's what happened with Buongiorno, they were told that they had two options they either committed to moving to the new precinct or had to close up.

I think they're beginning to move businesses on in readiness for the upgrade. I imagine it will eventually happen to Savers as well, no way will Westfield want them having a store that's connected to TTP.
In my own theory, Savers could move to a genuine new commercial building on the site of the Valley View Holden dealership.
The True Location of Tea Tree Gully is in any state but yours.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests