[PRO] Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Road Intersection Upgrade

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
ginzahikari
Gold-Member ;)

[PRO] Re: Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Road Intersection Upgrade

Post by ginzahikari »

kymbosa wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:08 pm
First morning of the new intersection.

Lights not fully operating until the weekend. It’s been an interesting build the last few weeks.

Was very happy to see the department listened to the community feedback about the bus lane and removed while the works were taking place. Moved the traffic in morning peak a tad quicker than the first few days in which it was still operational.

Will try and get back down there this weekend to take some pictures.

So glad the Gov listened to the locals community and Labor around doing it right. It still amazes me that Knoll still has this on his webpage... just easy pickings for an opp to use.
Does that mean the bus lane is going to be continuous before and after the intersection? I don't see it being mentioned in the final plans.
kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

Post by kymbosa »

ginzahikari wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 am

Does that mean the bus lane is going to be continuous before and after the intersection? I don't see it being mentioned in the final plans.
No the bus lane will be staying in it’s current formation for now.

There are some major issues with the intersection still, mostly turning right on Springbank Road heading North. The turning lane is now only one lane and half the distance. There is room for this to be extended but I at present it has become a major traffic jam for those heading in that direction.
marbles
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Post by marbles »

yes look how easily the raglan ave could be fixed

Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

Post by NTRabbit »

kymbosa wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:13 am
ginzahikari wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 am

No the bus lane will be staying in it’s current formation for now.

There are some major issues with the intersection still, mostly turning right on Springbank Road heading North. The turning lane is now only one lane and half the distance. There is room for this to be extended but I at present it has become a major traffic jam for those heading in that direction.
The right lane heading north also has a poor alignment with the existing road north of the intersection, so I expect there's still some island modifications to come.
Vasco
Gold-Member ;)

Post by Vasco »

They’ve recently painted over the bus lane heading north, but most drivers don’t seem to realise that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by Norman »

Here's how the new intersection looks from the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmrxTqYjZs